Maintenance Director / Camelback
Village Health Clubs & Spas is currently looking for a Maintenance Director for Camelback Village!
If you have strong leadership skills, a knack for fixing equipment, a sense of urgency to get the job done, attention to detail AND a desire to work in a fun and family atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster a work life balance, healthy living and benefits like full club access!
If you have have a passion for Fitness, Fun and helping people change enhance their lives and the drive to be a part of a management team that WOWs our members every day then we are looking for you.
Responsible for maintenance supervision of the property assigned, working in partnership with the General Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate all maintenance projects to ensure satisfactory completion
- Regularly inspect property, equipment and grounds for adherence to company maintenance procedures
- Maintain all property inventory with regard to maintenance
- Develop annual preventative maintenance schedule
- Responsible for all pool maintenance, chemicals, and cleaning,
- Identify and develop qualified vendors for maintenance projects, developing and maintaining preferred vendors within budgets
- Adhere to purchase order process for al purchases.
- Prepare and manage departmental budget
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals
- Responsible for hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
- Participate in Manager On Duty system
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Two years Supervisory experience in a club/resort or hotel environment
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills, as well as strong understanding of operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- high standards in ethics, service, and image
- High degree of self-organization, discipline and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong facility knowledge, including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems
- Must be highly organized.
- Purchasing experience and vendor selection
- Ability to evaluate repairs and projects and complete efficiently
- Working experience of pool maintenance
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
- Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Must be able to successfully pass a background
- Pool operation certification
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 50 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment.
Must also be able to climb unusual heights on ladders
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors, extensive reading and to
Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment, exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions in addition to typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity
We provide a very competitive benefits package, one that enables our employees to have a rewarding and healthy work-life balance. This exceptional benefits package includes:
- Health club membership and discount memberships for immediate family members
- Ongoing leadership training and development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans for full-time employees
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Seven paid holidays per year
- Paid time off
- Short and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Café / retail / spa service discounts
- Discounts on personal training and Pilates sessions
- Bus pass reimbursement at participating club locations
- Employee referral bonus
***Visit us at www.villageclubs.com***
LIFE's BETTER AT THE VILLAGE