Massage Therapist (Part-Time) / DC Ranch
DC Ranch Village Health Club & Spa is currently looking for a part-time Massage Therapist with exceptional customer service skills!
Do you want to work in a beautiful resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster a work life balance, healthy living and great benefits, like full club access!
If you have a passion for a lifestyle of Fitness and Fun while helping people change to enhance their lives as part of a driving team that WOWs our members every day, then we are looking for you.
Provide therapeutic or other massage technique for all members and guests and promote guest with a warm and relaxed feeling.
Summary Of Essential Functions:
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service this includes anticipating guest needs and adhere to the club’s standards for spa guest service and communicate guest issues to Spa Management or Management-on-Duty
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Stock and prepare room for guest arrival
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
- Promptly greet guest and provide spa guests with a tour of spa facilities when needed
- Escort guest to treatment room
- Perform services keeping guest satisfaction as priority, while running on time for next guest
- Provides guests with a thorough and knowledgeable professional massage
- Maintains schedules and work hours as they are booked.
- Perform Chair Massages as needed
- Escort guest to locker room if finished with treatments; relaxation room if receiving more treatments
- Clean room and prepare for next guest
- Restock room as needed
- Process dirty laundry
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor or manager
- May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed, including holidays.
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of one year experience of Massage Therapy
- AZ Licensed Massage certification
- Able to provide exceptional Customer Service to our member and guest
- Ability to obtain CPR certification through Company training
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason which includes being a team player and be comfortable in a set schedule environment
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers
- Must be dependable and able to adjust to schedule changes, including cancellations and addition
- Previous experience in a luxury private club, resort or spa
- Training in Hot Stone, Lymphatic and Thai highly preferred
- Knowledge in wraps and vichy showers
- Able to perform Therapeutic, Deep Tissue, Sports and Pregnancy Massage
Physical Activity This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling and sitting, lifting, reaching, pinching, grasping and feeling with hands and fingertips to massage clients to relieve discomfort and ease muscle tension. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers to gauge the condition of the client’s soft tissues, the joint function and quality, range of motion, and muscle strength. Must manage and treat the massage care needs of clients. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Physical Requirement Light to Medium work involving standing or sitting most of the time. Walking, bending, reaching feeling and applying pressure with hands and fingertips are required constantly. Frequently exerting 10-50 pounds of force to massage, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move and manipulate the human body. Position requires talking and listening.
Visual Requirement This position requires close visual acuity to determine massage care needs, cleanliness, neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Working Conditions Physical conditions include exposure to spa treatment appliances, tools and equipment, electrical current, vibrations, wet surfaces and floors. This position has frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions such as high heat, fumes, odors, chemicals and massage oils. This position is frequently performed in close quarters and in spa treatment areas.
Must be available to work the following shifts:
Possible extra shifts available later.
FREE membership to The Village Clubs and cafe, spa and pro shop discounts!
LIFE'S BETTER AT THE VILLAGE