Swim Instructor (Part-Time) / Ocotillo
The Ocotillo Village is currently looking for Swim Instructors with exceptional swim experience!
Do you want to work in a fun and resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster a work life balance, healthy living and benefits like full club access!
If you have have a passion for Fitness, Fun and helping people change enhance their lives and the drive to be a part of a team that WOWs our members every day then we are looking for you.
Assist in the long-term retention of memberships by assisting with swim programs and activities for existing member participation and to attract new members.
Summary Of Essential Functions:
- Attract and retain members by consistently providing the highest excellent customer service Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Instructs swimming lessons, create an educational, safe and inviting experience for members and guest
- Teaching swimming lessons to members and evaluate swimming ability to determine the correct swim level
- Maintain and provide a safe, clean and organized pool area
- Efficiently responds to member questions, comments, and concerns in a timely manner and other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Excellent customer service skills, be energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have HS Diploma or GED
- CPR Certified or obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire
- Ability to build relationship with members of all ages and comfortable working with all age groups, including children
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to acknowledge difficult situations and respond accordingly
- Self-starter, reliable, responsible and dedicated
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Swim lesson instruction or coaching experience preferred
- One year customer service preferred
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
This position requires frequent standing, walking, and running, grasping, bending and kneeling in regards to swim instruction and ability to climb pool ladders. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Walking and standing are required daily. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: watching members in pool setting and coaching lessons
Work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and in hot weather
Great environment! FREE Health Club Membership! Spa & Cafe discounts too!