Youth Services Director - DC Ranch
DC Ranch Village Health Club & Spa is looking for a Youth Services Director with Exceptional Management, Childcare and Programing Skills!
Do you want to work in a fun resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster a work life balance, healthy living and benefits like full club access!
If you have a passion for Childcare Management, Fitness, Fun and helping people change to enhance their lives with the drive to be part of a management team that WOWs our members every day then we are looking for you!!!
The Youth Services Director is responsible for all aspects of operating and managing the Club’s childcare services, to include Nursery, Kid’s Club and other Youth Camps and Programs as assigned.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all kids’ programming
- Develops and implements all extracurricular activities for children
- Develops monthly activity / programs schedule
- Plans, develops and executes all birthday parties
- Develops and manages department operating budget
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals, including recruiting, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
- Responsible for hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
- Prepare and manage departmental budget
- Place high emphasis on the importance of the social element. This includes participation in planning and execution of club events as needed, such as Parent’s Night Out, Jazz By The Pool and Casino Night.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty System, Summer Camp and Exercade (this is for selected managerial areas)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Two years experience in a childcare environment
- Two years of college with a focus in education, teaching, childcare or related field
- One year of Supervisory or Management experience
- Experience with developing programs for the youth
- Desire to work in busy, high energy environment
- Outstanding communication & customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills required
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
- Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Bachelor’s degree in early education, teaching or childcare preferred
Physical Activity This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling to care for children. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Physical Requirement Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including children. In addition, may involve physical movement related to membership events and programs.
Visual Requirement This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Working Conditions Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity
Full time Village employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance. All employees receive a Choice Membership with access to all 4 Village Clubs, as well as discounts at the Cafe, Spa and Pro-shop.
To Learn more about our beautiful facilities, please visit our website http://villageclubs.com/
LIFE IS BETTER AT THE VILLAGE!!!