The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Referee is responsible for officiating and instructing players on the rules of scheduled basketball games within the clubs.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Officiate Basketball Leagues, Pick Up and Junior Basketball Program
• Provides members and guests with the highest level of professionalism and dedication
• Uphold the standard rules of the game
• Manage all on-court logistics including timely starts and completion of games
• Refereeing and calling a consistent and fair game
• Expressing rules to participants
• Addressing any issues as they arise
• Has full knowledge of Court Rules
• Have the ability to establish and maintain effective, harmonious, cooperative and productive working relationships with others
• Have prior experience as a Referee
• Must be reliable and punctual
• CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• GED or HS Diploma
This position requires frequent standing, walking and running, grasping, jumping, bending and kneeling on the Basketball Court. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the legs, feet, arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, involves physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
It involves typical office or administrative work and the ability to travel between