Boutique Retail Assistant
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
To assist Retail Manager with retail and club boutique operations. Also, to exceed guest and guest expectations by being enthusiastic and helpful and to create a welcome home atmosphere for members and guests.
Summary Of Essential Functions
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Presents a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
• Be knowledgeable about all retail services and products
• Responsible for handling and recording cash and non-cash transactions, special orders and follow up on guest/member phone calls
• Provide exceptional customer/ guest service and act in a friendly/ helpful manner at all times.
• Maintain retail floor in a clean, organized and efficient manner ensuring retail is always staged for maximum buyer impact. Also, clean, dust shelves as well as merchandise as needed
• Display merchandise in a pleasing, well-organized manner
• Communicate customer feedback to Retail Director
• Assist in developing and maintaining consistent front desk retail procedures
• Compile and maintain invoices and correspondence for Retail Director
• Coordinate customer returns and exchanges
• Verify orders, quantity and quality of stock received and prepare merchandise for the floor
• Facilitate monthly inventory and order specific merchandise
• Assist and coordinate with special events and other additional duties as needed
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• Outstanding customer/guest service/ skills with a friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful demeanor.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Must be 18 years or older and have high diploma or GED
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and possess data entry skills
• Must have schedule flexibility
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• Must be available for last day of each month for inventory
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Must be able to successfully pass background check
Prior Retail experience
This position requires daily standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending, kneeling, raising arms overhead to perform inventory and climbing a step stool. Sitting in a chair or on the floor for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally heavy lifting up to 40 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: assessing physical fitness progress and form of clients, members and employees. Preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Work is performed in an indoor and occasionally outdoor environment. Possible exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions typical to retail, health club and spa environments.