Customer Service Attendant
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Ensure cleanliness and proper maintenance and use of club facility through housekeeping and customer service activities.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Responsible for routine walk through of the entire fitness floor every 30 minutes to inspect for areas needing attention and cleaning, answer member questions, and restock and hand out towels.
- Ensure “Customer Service Attendant on Duty” sign is accurately displayed in all fitness areas so that members are aware of who is on duty and available for assistance.
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to maintain cleanliness and functionality of the entire fitness floor. Performing deep cleaning/surface cleaning of equipment daily.
- Pick up litter and remove garbage from the fitness areas of the club regularly. Refill supplies on cleaning carts.
- Complete a daily itemized Fitness Floor Cleaning Report at end of each shift. Listing tasks accomplished and tasks still needing attention. Report is sent to the Fitness Director, Fitness Counselors, General Manager, AGM, Fitness Director and the Manager on Duty daily.
- Inspect fitness equipment daily for maintenance issues. Report all issues to Fitness Director and Fitness Maintenance Director, including equipment name/number and club location.
- Provide basic instruction to members that may need assistance with operation of machines and free-weights. Assist with basic instruction as trained and inform members about Personal Trainers. Encourage members to obtain a Personal Trainer for additional instruction and/or introduce the member to a Personal Trainer on duty.
- Become familiar with all the Personal Trainers, Pilates Instructors, Group Exercise Instructors and Spa Service Providers and their specialties.
- Deliver the Junior Certification Program when scheduled to do so. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that Junior Members are enrolled and registered. Train Junior Members and continually verify that they are certified and trained.
- Perform Manager on Duty responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities include knowing the facility, emergency procedure manual, MOD manual, incident reports and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting other departments with responsibilities such as: opening hot yoga, checking in members at the Spa, performing walk-throughs of locker rooms to ensure lockers are unlocked and clean. Plus other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Attend all staff meetings as required
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong customer/guest service skills.
- Basic knowledge of fitness equipment including machine and free weights, cardiovascular equipment and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Comfortable with groups as well as one-on-one interactions either in person or via phone.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, etc.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
- Experience in high-end health/country club environment.
- Housekeeping, or commercial cleaning experience.
- Experience with fitness equipment maintenance.
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, wiping, bending, stooping, pulling, folding and kneeling. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 75 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment. Must also be able to climb stairs and climb on ladders
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: analyzing for cleanliness and neatness, assessing and determining needs, transcribing, viewing computer monitors,
Work is primarily performed in an indoor environment, exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and potentially extreme warm temperature conditions. May be reasonably exposed to hazardous substances in the workplace. Responsible for completing Blood borne Pathogens and Hazardous Material training