Fitness Camp Counselor
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Camp Counselor supports program development and implementation including safety and logistics; leads games, activities/field trip and create positive relationships with parents while ensuring the safety of all children in the Summer Camp Program and to provide the highest possible care and attention to each child.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Attract and retain members.
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Maintain the club in a clean and organized manner.
• Provide positive, appropriate, and fun activities for the children.
• Communicate professionally with parents
• Report and remove any broken or below standard equipment
• Responsibility for safety and well being of children which includes providing a safe childcare environment by routinely checking for any safety hazards and other duties as assigned
• Attend all training, department, and staff meetings
• Operate as a team player with all co-workers and staff.
• Must have the ability to obtain CPR Certification through Company training
• Six months in childcare/youth service environment
• Must successfully pass a criminal background check as a contingency of employment
• Certified Child Care Training
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling to care for children. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers and children accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including children. In addition, may involve physical movement related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: supervising children, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member indoor / outdoor activity