Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Creates a credible, non-intimidating and customer service driven environment that supports and encourages a fit and healthy lifestyle including the FIT2 Core values. Provides group programming, basic exercise instruction and guidance for all members.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for continually striving to meet every member of the club and learn what their interests are by taking interest surveys. Surveys are to be turned into the Fitness Director on weekly basis. In response to the surveys the Concierge is to work with the Fitness Director in assessing popular interest by the members and organizing events with the appropriate departments. (See Attachment I)
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Responsible for establishing routine walk through of the fitness floor to meet members, answer questions and maintain cleanliness. (See Fitness Director at your specific club)
• Responsible for keeping current on all equipment training at the club (See Attachment II)
• Responsible for providing basic instruction to members that are doing exercises incorrectly to prevent injury. (See Attachment III)
• Facilitate large fitness programs minimum two time per year example, (Greatest Loser) and have impromptu classes once a month. This is to include creating and promoting the programs and updating successes and changes after each fitness competition or program
• Must attend required member events and parties to help and mingle with members.
• Work closely with Membership assisting Membership Representatives with integrating new members into the club. (ie. Just Get Started program)
• Work with membership office to try and retain members who have not been in the club by running reports on member club usage. This will include contacting members whose usage has declined to encourage them to come back into the club.
• Attend sales training throughout the year and learn tips on referring members to other areas in the club.
• Become familiar with all the Personal Trainers, Pilates Instructors, Group Exercise Instructors and Spa Service Providers and their niches to properly refer members.
• Responsible for surprising and delighting members or a member a minimum of two times a week. (See Attachment IV)
• Inspect all equipment everyday and report maintenance repairs to Fitness Director and Fitness Maintenance Director. This is to include putting the name and number of the equipment if possible and club name.
• Must spend time with another department assisting with special projects on a quartly basis.
• Present at the department head meetings as requested by the Fitness Director
• Responsible for maintaining the Junior Certification Program.
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• Experience in developing fitness programming and recreational sports activities (basketball, hiking, racquetball, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of fitness equipment including machine and free weights, cardiovascular equipment and flexibility
• Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Comfortable with groups as well as one-on-one interactions either in person or via phone
• Self-motivation, initiative, high degree of responsibility and team player
• Strong attention to detail and excellent multi-tasking skills
• Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, etc.
• Four year degree in a fitness field
• Fitness industry certification preferred (training, group fitness)
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 50 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment.
Must also be able to climb unusual heights on ladders
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors, extensive reading and to
Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment, exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions in addition to typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity