The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Assist members in the cardio and weight rooms as necessary, delivers water and towels to members and assists with loading and unloading plates in strength training area.
Summary Of Essential Functions
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Maintain the weight and cardio room
• Assist with new member orientation process as needed
• Fills water station cups and lids
• Ensures towel racks are stocked
• Attends to other member needs to achieve a high level of member service
• Maintains clean work environment which includes ensuring that the fitness equipment is put away after each training sessions, wipe down the area with gym wipes and other duties as assigned
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• Basic knowledge of fitness equipment and operation of all equipment
• Excellent customer/guest service skills
• Knowledge of fitness rules and policies
• Previous experience working in a fitness environment
This position requires daily standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 50 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: assessing physical fitness progress and form of clients, members and employees. Preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Work is performed in an indoor and occasionally outdoor environment. Possible exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions. In addition to typical office or administrative settings.