Front Desk Attendant
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
To exceed guest expectations by being enthusiastic and helpful and to create a welcome home atmosphere for members and guests. Incorporate the Village Standards: People, Places and Programs everyone/every time/everywhere
Summary Of Essential Functions
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Present a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
• Greet and check in members with sincere hospitality and effective communication skills
• Responsible for having general knowledge of the club, amenities, programs, and useful information about the area
• Responsible for handling and recording cash and non-cash transactions
• Providing exceptional customer/ guest service and acting in a friendly/ helpful manner at all times.
• Handle guest complaints in a timely manner, and direct guest questions or concerns to the correct individuals
• Assist members in signing up for programs and activities.
• Answer all phones and direct calls to appropriate staff
• Maintain clean and safe front desk area and any other related areas
• Assist membership where possible to help ensure their successful operation.
• Handle credit card/cash transactions
• Take member reservations for tennis, squash and racquet courts
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to operate multi-line telephone systems
• Outstanding customer/guest service/ skills with a friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful demeanor.
• Understanding of court reservation systems Must be 18 years or older and have high diploma or GED
• Must possess basic computer/data entry skills.
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through company training
• Ability to multi-task
• Prior high-end health club/hospitality or related industry experience
• Prior credit card/cash handling
• Understanding of court reservation systems
• Bilingual a plus
This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers and members accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Walking and standing are required daily. Sitting some of the time. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes activities related to membership events and programs and periodically lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: greeting guests, answering phones, reading and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and viewing computer monitors.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member indoor and outdoor activity