IT Support Specialist
The primary purpose of this position is to gather, organize, and execute the activities necessary to provide technical support for all Village Health Clubs & Spas internal customers across hardware, software, and network related issues. This position will primarily utilize telephone and remote computer access for troubleshooting and maintenance support. Will act as the primary point of contact for the Village Clubs IS Department for technical issues. Can provide technical knowledge to support corporate computer systems and standards, and is viewed as a key resource on a variety of software, hardware, or other IS topics. The individual will be capable of knowing when it is appropriate to engage other IS Department resources to effectively resolve requests. After hours, weekend, on-call work and travel may be required.
Position Competencies: The individual selected for this position should be able to demonstrate strength in the following competencies:
- Excellent listening and reading comprehension skills
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Approachable and comfortable around partners, vendors, and all levels of employees from Front Line to Executive Management
- Work well with associates from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Display Professionalism at all times
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple tasks
- Can learn new technical skills on the fly and/or with instruction
- Possess a good sense of humor and is capable of building strong peer relationships
- Demonstrates composure under pressure
- Can reason analytically and relate theoretical concepts to practical needs
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
Education: Bachelor’s or AA degree in information technology, computer science or similar discipline OR equivalent work experience.
Experience: A minimum of one year of operating, assembling, installing, and troubleshooting PC’s, peripheral equipment, and related standard software is required.
- Experience performing user and security management with Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 2013+ Suite experience including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Windows 7/10 Operating System experience in a corporate environment
- Exchange 2013/Online experience managing users
- Systems management software experience a plus (Microsoft Configuration Manager, Ivanti EPM)
- Wired and wireless networking experience a plus
- Point-of-sale software and hardware experience a plus
- CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco Certifications a plus
Key Results Area #1: Manage and maintain the helpdesk, desktops, printers and applications
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all personnel by being the first point of contact for the DMB Clubs Helpdesk system.
- Deploy solutions and follow through on all requests in a timely manner.
- Must minimize down time for employees and communicate impact clearly.
- Perform New Hire & Termination user account management, including following the documented processes and communicating with appropriate parties regarding the status of requests.
- Deploy software, patches and upgrades as per pre-defined procedures and checklists.
- Help maintain a virus free environment through prevention and end-user education.
- Assure that DMB Clubs policies and procedures are followed in relation to the computing and networking environment.
- Maintain computer supplies as needed.
- Keep all documentation current and accurate providing updated information for the department library as needed.
- Prepare weekly status report of tasks accomplished, in process, and outstanding to the Manager.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Key Results Area #2: IS Department Projects
- Setup and deploy upgraded and new machines to employees as required.
- Deploy smart phones, tablets, and other devices.
- Assist with the planning of IS projects for the company.
- Audit and report on IS systems as assigned.
- Research and provide solutions to requests made by users as assigned.
- Other projects as assigned.
Must be able to successfully pass a background check.