Lead Spa Coordinator
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Assists the Spa Director in managing the day to day spa operations to ensure delivery of superior customer service, achievement of high employee and member satisfaction and performance relative to Spa objectives. Provide leadership, direction, and support to all coordinators and attendants.
Summary of Essential Functions:
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Create and manage the scheduling of all coordinators and attendants.
• Provide direction and support to coordinators and oversee supervision of the front desk and locker room.
• Assist with hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
• Fully train all coordinators and attendants, including but not limited to, Spectrum NG, gift certificates and all Spa promotions.
• Provide leadership for the Spa in absence of, or as required by, the Assistant and Spa Directors..
• Respond to all formal and informal member and employee suggestions in a timely manner. Follow up with guest related billings and resolve in timely manner.
• Constantly monitor the level and quality of service through frequent customer interaction and Spa walk-throughs.
• Serve as a communication link for managed employees ensuring changes or additions in policies, procedures, and or company focus is properly communicated and integrated into their responsibilities
• Conduct regular staff meetings to update all coordinators and attendants on Spa vision and mission, new programs and services on an as-need basis.
• Ensure all managed departments are properly trained and certified in emergency response and CPR.
• Participant in the Manager-On-Duty system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• One to two years of previous Spa/Retail experience
• Thorough knowledge of spa operations and guest services
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
• Strong attention to detail a must
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills required
• Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Spa reservations systems
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Strong knowledge in club systems including billing, commission and scheduling procedures
• Previous guest service experience in a luxury private club, resort, spa or retail sales
This position requires standing, walking, lifting, grasping, most of the time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting occasionally. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes activities related to membership events and programs and periodically lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
It involves typical front office or administrative work and occasional member outdoor activity