Prep Cook (Part-Time) / DC Ranch
The DC Ranch Village Health Club and Spa is currently looking for a Prep Cook to join our fantastic team! This position is part-time but has the potential to become fulltime.
Do you want to work in a fun health club and spa resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster work life balance, healthy living and great benefits, like full club access and spa discounts!
If you crave a lifestyle of hospitality and fun, enjoy enhancing peoples lives with good food, and want to be a player on a team that WOWs our members every day... then we are looking for you!
The Prep Cook assists the cooks in the preparation and service of menu items and performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, cleaning duties, and storing food and non-food supplies.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist cooks in preparation and service of various foods in assigned work situations with pre -preparation of ingredients for entrees.
- Responsible for meal preparation which includes washing, peeling, preparing salads, breads and condiments
- Remove all food from the serving lines at the end of a meal period.
- Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and nonfood supplies.
- Operate dish washing equipment.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Empty trash containers as required.
- Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
- Follow safety regulations, reporting injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Previous experience preferred of at least 3 months.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Food handler’s card required.
- Café or restaurant experience in high-end health club or country club/resort setting
- Dependable attendance
Must be available to work a flexible schedule.