Tennis Racquet Stringer
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Racquet Stringer is responsible for stringing tennis, squash, and racquetball racquets. Applying grips and stencils, generating awareness to members and guests of the clubs that are interested in racquet stringing.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service and hospitality
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Present a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
- Stringing Tennis, squash, and racquetball racquets in a timely manor
- Be available to string during socials, tournaments, and mixers
- Maintain a positive environment for outstanding membership relationships that foster the utmost in customer service, satisfaction and referrals and other duties as assigned
- Assist tennis staff with tennis inquiries
- Racquet stringing background
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to handle member or prospective member questions/concerns
- Strong organizational skills with special attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Must be a proven self-starter
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
- May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Industry experience working in a high-end health club
- USRSA certification
This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers to string racquets. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers and members accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, swing, twist and/or otherwise move objects to perform racquet stringing duties. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes activities related to membership events, programs. Periodically lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires close and distant visual acuity to perform racquet stringing activities.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member indoor and outdoor tennis activity