Visual Merchandiser - part-time / Summer
Village Health Club & Spa is currently looking for a Visual Merchandiser to work a part-time summer position at our beautiful health clubs & spas!
Do you love working in retail? Do you want to work in a fun health club & spa resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster a work life balance, healthy living and benefits like full club access!
The Visual Merchandiser will ensure that our Pro Shop merchandise works with the architectural features of the Village Pro Shops to maximize utilization of available space. This position is responsible to keep the space fresh, and invites customers and members to visit and purchase of Pro Shop merchandise.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling presentation of merchandise that will engage customers and help stimulate sales activity
- Ensure that the merchandise in the store is being utilized by appropriate grouping of items to simplify member purchasing decisions.
- Place merchandise racks according to space and allow walking room for the customers while ensuring that the image and style of the Village is projected at all times.
- Work with Retail Director to ensure that new merchandise is taken out frequently to refresh the look of the store.
- Ensure that all mannequins are filled with clothes and accessories if needed.
- Regularly cleans and organizes Pro Shop space
- Liaise with Retail Director to create designs and theme for each display and set tables and racks accordingly.
- Ensure that displays are easily visible for the customers without blocking the flow of the store,
- Perform regular rounds through the spaces to make sure that the layout works with the visuals.
- Perform responsibilities in each Village Club at a schedule decided upon with the Retail Director to ensure consistency within and attention to each Pro Shop
- Identifying and sourcing props, fabrics, hardware and lighting;
- Staying within budget and negotiating with suppliers of visual materials as necessary;
- Seeks feedback from Retail Director, colleagues and customers on the visual impact of displays and implementing changes.
- Responsible for stocking merchandise, taking inventory, facilitate stock transfers to different clubs, ticket and reticket and maintain awareness of potential loss prevention issues and activities.Must be available to perform duties at times when it is the least disruptive to the the customer experience, which may include early morning and late night hours, as well as weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Must be able to successfully pass background check
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Visual Merchandising