Assistant Program / Sports Director
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Assist in the long-term retention of memberships by developing, implementing and managing member service programs and activities for existing member participation and to attract new members.
Summary of Essential Functions:
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the Village Standards
• Assist in preparing and managing departmental budget
• Develops and executes all youth programs including camps, birthday parties, junior basketball, swim programs, and all other youth events
• Place a high emphasis on the importance of the social element. This includes participation in planning and execution of club events as needed, such as Casino Night and the Member Holiday Party
• Approachable management style which includes supervising staff members, assist in planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals, including recruiting, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
• Employee leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in their work
• Assists in organizing club special events and programs
• Work with the Program Director on all programs including basketball, racquetball, swim, squash, golf and fencing
• Recruits and engages members in adult and children’s activities
• Aids in existing programs such as golf tournaments, hikes and member socials and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree in Recreational management or equivalent years of experience
• Experience as a program director in a recreational multi-purpose facility and service environment.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
• Ability to effectively delegate
• Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
• Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
• Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
• Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Must be able to successfully pass background check
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. This position requires heavy physical; Employee may also be required to aid in moving tables, chairs, and miscellaneous equipment up to 50 pounds. In addition, engaging in activities that require physical activity such as running.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
It involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity