Assistant Tennis Pro / DC Ranch
The DC Ranch Village Health Club and Spa Tennis Center is currently looking for Assistant Tennis Professionals to join our fantastic Tennis team! These positions are part-time.
Do you want to work in a fun tennis club resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster work life balance, healthy living and great benefits, like full club access and spa discounts!
If you crave a lifestyle of hospitality and fun, enjoy enhancing peoples lives with the great sport of Tennis, and want to be a player on a team that WOWs our members every day... then we are looking for you!
The Assistant Tennis Professional is responsible for assisting in professional group lessons, junior tennis programs and camps. Assistants may also be responsible for providing hitting sessions and or play as a hitter in a lesson with a professional.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Tennis Professionals in teaching group Tennis lessons
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Participate in and help promote programs, mixers, tournaments, round robins and other social competitive events
- Be able to provide hitting sessions for members or be a hitter in a professionals lesson
- High level of competitive tennis playing, ideally at a college level.
- Able to feed balls and provide basic instruction
- Customer service focused attitude
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Industry experience working in tennis club environment
- Experience teaching tennis
- Collegiate tennis playing experience
Physical Activity This position requires frequent standing, walking, and running, grasping, swinging, bending and kneeling and playing tennis on court. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, arms, legs, waist, back and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Physical Requirement Walking, standing, running and playing tennis are required daily. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, swing or otherwise move objects. In addition, involves physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership events and programs.
Visual Requirement This position requires close and distant visual acuity to perform sports and coaching activities.
Working Conditions Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor Tennis activity, assisting, coaching and participating in events outdoors in hot weather.