Customer Service Attendant (part-time)
DC Ranch Village Health Club & Spa is currently looking for a part-time Customer Service Attendant with Exceptional and Customer Service Skills!
Do you want to work in a fun health club and resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster a work life balance, healthy living and benefits like full club access!
If you have a passion for professional fitness, fun and helping people change to enhance their lives then we are looking for you!
Ensure cleanliness and proper maintenance and use of club facility through housekeeping and customer service activities.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Responsible for routine walk through of the entire fitness floor every 30 minutes to inspect for areas needing attention and cleaning, answer member questions, and restock and hand out towels.
- Ensure “Customer Service Attendant on Duty” sign is accurately displayed in all fitness areas so that members are aware of who is on duty and available for assistance.
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to maintain cleanliness and functionality of the entire fitness floor. Performing deep cleaning/surface cleaning of equipment daily.
- Pick up litter and remove garbage from the fitness areas of the club regularly. Refill supplies on cleaning carts.
- Complete a daily itemized Fitness Floor Cleaning Report at end of each shift. Listing tasks accomplished and tasks still needing attention. Report is sent to the Fitness Director, Fitness Counselors, General Manager, AGM, Fitness Director and the Manager on Duty daily.
- Inspect fitness equipment daily for maintenance issues. Report all issues to Fitness Director and Fitness Maintenance Director, including equipment name/number and club location.
- Provide basic instruction to members that may need assistance with operation of machines and free-weights. Assist with basic instruction as trained and inform members about Personal Trainers. Encourage members to obtain a Personal Trainer for additional instruction and/or introduce the member to a Personal Trainer on duty.
- Become familiar with all the Personal Trainers, Pilates Instructors, Group Exercise Instructors and Spa Service Providers and their specialties.
- Deliver the Junior Certification Program when scheduled to do so. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that Junior Members are enrolled and registered. Train Junior Members and continually verify that they are certified and trained.
- Perform Manager on Duty responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities include knowing the facility, emergency procedure manual, MOD manual, incident reports and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting other departments with responsibilities such as: opening hot yoga, checking in members at the Spa, performing walkthroughs of locker rooms to ensure lockers are unlocked and clean. Plus other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Attend all staff meetings as required
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong customer/guest service skills
- Basic knowledge of fitness equipment including machine and free weights, cardiovascular equipment and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Comfortable with groups as well as one-on-one interactions either in person or via phone.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, etc
- May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
- Experience in high-end health/country club environment.
- Housekeeping, or commercial cleaning experience.
- Experience with fitness equipment maintenance.
Required Abilities Physical Activity
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, wiping, bending, stooping, pulling, folding and kneeling. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Physical Requirement Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 75 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment. Must also be able to climb stairs and climb on ladders
Visual Requirement This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: analyzing for cleanliness and neatness, assessing and determining needs, transcribing, viewing computer monitors,
Working Conditions Work is primarily performed in an indoor environment, exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and potentially extreme warm temperature conditions. May be reasonably exposed to hazardous substances in the workplace. Responsible for completing Blood borne Pathogens and Hazardous Material training