Director Operations (Maintenance - High-End Health Club Facility)
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Check out our beautiful Club!
Ocotillo: Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and then please click on the photos to see them full screen.
***This position is combination of Maintenance Work and Managing Housekeeping staff***
Responsible for maintenance supervision of the property assigned, working in partnership with the General Manager. In addition, ensure the club is clean, well maintained with equipment in proper working order to meet the safety and satisfaction of our members, guests, employees and legal standards
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinate all maintenance projects to ensure satisfactory completion which includes if work is to be conducted in house or contracted thorough bids.
• Daily inspect and maintain property, equipment and grounds for adherence to company maintenance procedures
• Institute mechanisms to routinely inspect the physical building, equipment, pool areas and operating club to ensure proper preventative and routine maintenance mechanisms and making sure systems are in place to protect the membership and employees of the club
• Identify and develop qualified vendors for maintenance projects, developing and maintaining preferred vendors within budgets which includes developing annual preventative maintenance schedules
• Responsible for all pool maintenance, chemicals, and cleaning which includes ensuring the
club meets all applicable safety protocols
• Develop and maintain housekeeping standards and staff to ensure club cleanliness at all times
• Prepare and manage departmental budget
• Adhere to purchase order process for all purchases
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service and cosmetically presentable club
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals
• Responsible for hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
• Participate in Manager On Duty system
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Two years Supervisory experience in a club/resort hotel or similar type environment
• Possess strong planning and organizational skills, as well as strong understanding of operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• high standards in ethics, service, and image
• High degree of self-organization, discipline and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong facility knowledge, including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical,
and HVAC systems
• Must be highly organized.
• Purchasing experience and vendor selection
• Ability to evaluate repairs and projects and complete efficiently
• Working experience of pool maintenance
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
• Ability to effectively delegate
• Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
• Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
• Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
• Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Bilingual English/Spanish speaking highly preferred
• Four years of housekeeping experience in an upscale resort or fitness facility
• Pool operation certification
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 50 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment.
Must also be able to climb unusual heights on ladders
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors, extensive reading and to
Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment, exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions in addition to typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity