The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Styles hair and performs hair treatments for guests following proper procedures and standards. Continuously striving for member satisfaction as priority
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Provide hair services to members and guests in efficient, courteous and quality manner
• Attract and retain members, continuously striving for repeat customers
• Create hairstyles by cut, blow-dry, color, up-do’s and scalp treatments
• Continually obtain education regarding latest trends in styling techniques
• Ensure compliance with State Board Standards and licensing
• Courteously answer guest questions about the Spa and Health Club
• Employee leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in their work
• Be knowledgeable about all hair services and products
• Maintain cleanliness/orderliness/ambiance of salon area
• Participates in and performs other duties as assigned
• Current AZ state cosmetology license
• Working knowledge of current styling & color techniques
• Strong understanding of all products used, with ability to communicate to clients the benefits of professional products
• Problem resolution strategies
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Strong attention to detail a must
• Thorough knowledge of spa operations and guest services, best service standards and practices
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism and discretion at all times
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling and sitting, lifting, reaching, pinching, grasping and feeling with hands and fingertips to style hair. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers to wash and style hair. Must manage and treat the hair care needs of clients. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Light to Medium work involving standing most of the time. Walking, bending, reaching feeling and applying pressure with hands and fingertips are required constantly. Frequently exerting 10-50 pounds of force to massage, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move and manipulate human hair. Position requires talking and listening.
This position requires close visual acuity to determine hair care needs, cleanliness, neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Include exposure to spa treatment appliances, tools and equipment, electrical current, vibrations, wet surfaces and floors. This position has frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions such as high heat, fumes, odors, chemicals and oils. This position is frequently performed in close quarters and in spa treatment areas.
Looking to have fun where you work? Text villagejobs to 25000