HR Generalist / Recruiter
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Human Resources Generalist/Recruitment position is responsible for providing support to management by attracting and retaining high energy talent for all levels of the organization. Additionally, this position will be responsible for participating in other Human Resources related projects as assigned and may carry out responsibilities including but not limited to: employee relations, training as needed.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Promotes company culture by supporting the Core Values, Mission, Vision and Village Standards which includes attracting and retaining members, consistently providing excellent customer service to internal/external customers.
• Leads by example by consistently conveying a positive “can do” attitude and passion and pride in work.
• Responsible for managing all job descriptions and updating as necessary in HRIS system.
• Manages recruiting strategies throughout the clubs.
o Establishes methods that are legally compliant and efficient in the hiring process, screening, and interviewing and selection process.
o Conducts background and reference checks.
o Communicates with managers for recruitment and staffing needs of the hiring departments.
o Identifies creative and cost effective recruitment sources for prospective employees, creating and maintaining a consistent pipeline of qualified candidates.
o Identify and correct inefficiencies in recruiting, selection and employment processing of candidates.
o Handles recruitment advertisement including managing company career website.
o Builds relationships with business/industry networks and schools/colleges and attend job fairs to attract top talent at all levels.
• Facilitates training and prepares manuals for management and other training as required.
• Assists with the administration of various Human Resource plans and procedures for all company staff and compliance with policies and procedures.
• Assists with employee relations and progressive discipline process. s counseling and exit interview process
• Assists in recommendation of systems/programs aligning company initiatives with career progression, succession planning, organizational structure, training and development and retention.
• Maintains employee-related databases, such as processing new hires and terminations. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
• Participates in developing HR department goals, objectives, and systems. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 3-5 years Human Resources experience with a strong emphasis in recruitment
• Exceptional interviewing techniques including experience conducting behavioral interviews
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws pertaining to recruitment and HR best practices
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
• A proven ability to attract and build a pipeline of qualified candidates through networking, sourcing, cold calls, attending job fairs, etc
• A people-oriented person, capable of building strong working relationships with all levels of employees
• Detail oriented with impeccable organizational skills and strong work ethic
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
• Commitment to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
• Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
• Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with HR team to drive processes that support the business
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as web-based HRIS and recruitment applications
• Ability to consistently demonstrate professionalism and discretion with sensitive and confidential situations
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training, as well as attend NHO within 30 days of hire
• Able to successfully pass a background check
• Ability to commute to multiple locations as needed during the course of a work day or week
• HRCI Designation such as PHR, SPHR, or GPHR
• Fluency in Spanish
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for long periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Sedentary work involving sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required occasionally. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
This position is not substantially exposed to any adverse environmental conditions. It involves typical office or administrative work.