Information Systems Director
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Director of Information Technology holds responsibility for the management of the company’s information technology team, investments, expenses, infrastructure and systems. This role will report directly to the President and will help carry out strategy, maintain current infrastructure and business applications, project work, and directives of the team. The Director is accountable for management and direction of resources in accordance with compliance, requirements (corporate and PCI), budgets and guidance provided by executive management.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Has accountability for scheduling, performance, development and coaching of customer service orientate staff (i.e. hiring, performance management, etc.).
- Participates and may lead Executive Management Technology strategy meetings to educate and ensure alignment of technology to corporate objectives.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with a high-level of customer service and communication.
- Ensures that IT budgets are developed and communicated to the CFO and President and ensures that the IT department operates within those budgets.
- Knowledgeable in current policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the Village and its business units.
- Leads development, documentation and maintenance of IT policies, procedures, and standards across the IT department.
- Monitors and routinely audits compliance to all IT procedures and policies, ensuring consistency of internal controls across IT infrastructure and systems.
- Manage 3rd party service providers, (e.g., NOC, SaaS, engineering, ISP).
- Leads system and software architecture and design to ensure that infrastructure platforms are always appropriately designed, secure, and scaled.
- Authors and performs random audits of the information technology disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Integrate continuous improvement processes using metrics and trends to drive availability, scalability, secure, and high performance of the company’s infrastructure and systems.
- Maintains key infrastructure support systems such as CMDB, monitoring, cloud services, backup/recovery, identity and access management, patching, anti-virus, printing, and mobility.
- Support and participate in the investigation of security incidents, identifying root, technical, contributing or organizational causes, and implements preventive actions where necessary.
- Leads the annual PCI assessment, working with the CFO, HR, and Operations to define and implement required controls and methods for credit card processing.
- Responsible for business systems, servers, desktop & laptop computers, central computing equipment (owned, leased or outsourced), voice & data telecommunications (networks, equipment & services), IT procurement & contracts, end-user support services, SaaS and cloud infrastructure/systems, and Information Services (IT) personnel resources (full-time, part-time or outsourced).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 7 years of IT experience with an in-depth engineering, project management, and support knowledge of IT infrastructure, networking methodologies and Windows platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT management experience.
- Must have a proven ability to take on and complete challenging assignments, quickly gain knowledge, and credibility with customers and team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills should be complemented with a solid business and technical background.
- Must have hands-on, get involved leadership style.
- Approachable and comfortable around all levels of employees (individual contributors to Executive Management), partners and vendors.
- Proven track record of problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and discretion at all times.
- Experience performing user and security management with Microsoft Active Directory and AzureAD.
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite experience across usage and configuration.
- Windows 10 Operating System experience in a business environment.
- Exchange Online user and mailbox management experience.
- Point-of-sale software and hardware experience.
- Automation of repetitive tasks using PowerShell, Python, or similar scripting tools.
- Systems management software experience (Microsoft Endpoint Manager with Intune, Ivanti EPM).
- Wired and wireless networking experience.
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- High-end health Club/hospitality industry preferred.
- CompTIA Core or Cloud certifications.
- Microsoft Windows 10, Modern Desktop Management, or Office 365 Certifications.
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership and employee events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
This work involves typical office or administrative tasks and occasional member or employee outdoor activities.