IT Support Engineer
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The primary responsibilities for this position are to plan, organize, and direct the activities required to provide software, hardware, and system support for the company. This position will be the first point of contact to resolve helpdesk tickets, provide support for desktop/laptop computers, LAN/WAN issues, printing issues, application issues, and hardware/software issues. This position requires working with the System Administrator on projects and assisting with complex infrastructure issues.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
- Setup and deploy new computer systems (including iPad tablets) to employees as required.
- Install updates, patches, and software upgrades on desktops/laptops/tablets/servers.
- Provide support for LAN/WAN and VPN issues.
- Manage and maintain helpdesk queue for all support issues (applications, network infrastructure, virtual infrastructure, storage systems, VoIP phone system, audio/video equipment, endpoint protection, and other various systems)
- Assist the System Administrator with supporting our virtual infrastructure hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Maintain computer supplies/inventory as needed.
- Keep knowledgebase articles current as technologies and procedures are updated.
- Must be well organized and be able to effectively communicate technical terms to non-technical staff.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to properly prioritize multiple support issues.
- Must be capable of knowing when it’s time to engage the next level of resources to resolve complex technical issues.
- Some after-hours, weekend, and on-call work will be required.
- Minimal travel is required in the Phoenix metropolitan area to support other company locations
- 3 or more years of technical support experience in Information Technology is required.
- Experience with Office365 including SharePoint.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Experience working with End Point protection, Managed Threat Detection, and other cybersecurity platforms.
- Experience managing and maintaining a helpdesk queue for all support issues (applications, network infrastructure, virtual infrastructure, storage systems, VoIP phone system, audio/video equipment, endpoint protection, and other various systems)
- Experience working on multiple projects meeting deadlines while following budget requirements.
- Experience with planning future infrastructure and system upgrades.
- Experience with setup and deployment of new computer systems (including iPad tablets) to employees as required.
- Experience with installing updates, patches, and software upgrades on desktops, laptops, tablets, and servers.
- Experience with providing support for LAN/WAN and VPN issues.
- Experience working with all levels of employees (entry level staff to Executive Management).
- Experience working with 3rd party vendor support teams.
- Timely decision-making skills.
- Strong ethics and values.
- Technical writing skills.
- Able to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven track record of effective problem-solving capabilities.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through company training.
- A bachelor’s or associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
- Microsoft certifications.
- SDWAN experience.
- Experience in the Health and Fitness or hospitality industry.
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity