The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
To provide exceptional customer service to our members and their guests and to maintain a clean and safe Café for our guests.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing the highest excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Assist in hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff which includes training staff to present the highest quality of service available to all guests.
• Assist Cook and Café Manager maintain an inventory control system with checks and balances for all items.
• Maintain levels of preparation and to ensure an efficient work environment for all team members.
• Maintain an organized dining room that is always prepared for an inspection and/or guest.
• Maintain and encourage a positive and safe work environment for all team members.
• Provides a supervisory function in the absence of the Cafe Manager
• Helps perform inventories as needed
• Provide direction and support to café servers which include leadership role and training staff members for food service.
• Leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in their work
• Ensures that the food and wine are properly presented and that the clientele is taken care of to the best of our abilities
• Shares responsibility for proper rotation and labeling of all food and non-food products
• Maintains an organized and sanitary service area that is always prepared for inspection, as well as passing weekly inspection by the Cafe Manager
• Works with the Kitchen Staff in order to maintain clean, safe and economical dry storage areas in the kitchen and downstairs
• Help supervise the FOH and BOH day-to-day operations and ensures polices are followed and other duties as assigned
• Must have a Food Handler’s card
• Maintain COGS by helping to monitor food waste, staff meals, correct charging, portioning and proper cooking procedures
• One year experience in a leadership or role
• One year of assisting management with food & beverage
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
• Must be flexible to work between the hours of 5 am to 11 pm as needed.
• Mandatory attendance at all banquets.
• Ability to multi task and delegate work to others.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word and Excel) Outlook
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Culinary, hospitality or business related college courses
• Valid Food Managers Card is required
This position requires standing, walking, lifting, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling and stooping. Standing for long periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Light to Medium work involving standing most of the time. Walking and bending are required frequently. Frequently exerting 10-20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Occasionally exerting up to 30 pounds of force to move objects.
This position requires close visual acuity to determine the cleanliness, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities cleanliness and accuracy of work.
This position may be subject to typical kitchen hazards. Including a variety of kitchen appliances and tools. Physical conditions include kitchen appliances, kitchen tools and equipment, moving mechanical parts, electrical current, vibrations, wet surfaces and floors. This position has frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions such as high heat, fumes, odors and chemicals. This position is frequently performed in close quarters and kitchen areas.