Membership Sales Assistant
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
To support and work closely with the Membership Department in a administrative capacity to assist
with various clerical projects as assigned.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Data entry
• General clerical work
• Maintain a positive environment for outstanding membership relationships that foster the utmost in customer service, satisfaction and referrals and other duties as assigned
• Assist Sales staff with Membership tours and answering membership inquiries
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to handle member or prospective member questions/concerns
• Good computer skills and experience with Windows based programs
• Strong organizational skills with special attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Must be a proven self starter
• High School Diploma or GED
• CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• Minimum of one year experience in a professional environment
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes activities related to membership events and programs and periodically lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
It involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity