Membership Sales Director
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Manage the Sales Department of the clubs, including contributing to the marketing strategies and implementation of marketing programs.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Oversee club sales staff new member orientation process. This includes, ensuring that the sales staff introduces new member to appropriate point of contact at point of sale, signing up the new member for their fitness orientation and staff follow through after the member’s first week of joining the club
• Design and implement sales strategy
• Consistently meet and exceed personal and team monthly sales goals
• Create sales leads through master prospecting, networking, and member
• Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals
• Hire, train, coach and empower a team of membership representatives, while achieving successful sales goals
• Track accountability of sales team
• Create a positive environment for outstanding member relationships that fosters the utmost in customer service, satisfaction and referrals
• Develop, prepare and manage departmental budget
• Place high emphasis on the importance of the social element. This includes participation in planning and execution of club events as needed, such as Parent’s Night Out, Jazz By The Pool and Casino Night.
• Participates in the Manager-On-Duty System
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree (BA) in business, marketing or related field or, equivalent of four years of equivalent Sales experience
• Two years minimum strong sales management experience
• Corporate Sales knowledge and Marketing knowledge
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is
• Ability to effectively delegate
• Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
• Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
• Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
• Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Strong Sales experience in a health club, with a strong working knowledge of the health promotion & fitness industry
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes activities related to membership events and programs and periodically lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1dfe10ae-de86-4e9b-80c7-72844cb25960