Nail Technician (Part-Time Or Full-Time)
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Shifts (Subject to change as club opens to full capacity)
Tuesday- Saturday from 9-5
Provide nail services to members and guests in efficient and courteous manner.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Employee leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in their work
• Be knowledgeable about all procedures to ensure guest comfort
• Stock station and prepare for guest arrival
• Promptly and courteously greet guest
• Escort guest to station
• Perform nail services keeping guest satisfaction as priority, while running on time for next guest
• Escort guest to check out; locker room if finished with treatments; relaxation room if receiving more treatments
• Clean station and prepare for next guest
• Restock room as needed
• Process dirty laundry
• Run user closeout in Spectrum
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Current State of Arizona license
• Creative Master degree
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to perform service efficiently with high degree of quality
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
Previous Nail Technician experience in a luxury private club, resort or spa.
This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling and sitting, lifting, reaching, pinching, grasping and feeling with hands and fingertips to massage clients to relieve discomfort and ease muscle tension. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers to gauge the condition of the client’s hands and fingernails. Must manage and treat the hand and fingernail care needs of clients. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Light to Medium work involving sitting most of the time. Walking, bending, reaching feeling and applying pressure with hands and fingertips are required constantly. Frequently exerting 10-15 pounds of force to massage, lift, carry, push, or pull. Position requires talking and listening.
This position requires close visual acuity to determine nail care needs, cleanliness, neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Physical conditions include exposure to spa treatment appliances, tools and equipment, electrical current, vibrations, wet surfaces and floors. This position has frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions such as high heat, fumes, odors, chemicals, polish and oils. This position is frequently performed in close quarters and in spa treatment areas.