Part-time or Full-Time Personal Trainer
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Availability: The Fitness Director will work with you to get a minimum of 10 hours or more a week. Full time trainers are at 30 hours a week.
**Village Health Clubs & Spas also offers benefits to part-time employees and qualifying family members! Benefits** include limited medical, dental, life insurance, vision discounts short-term disability and 401(k), for those who qualify.
Instruct and advise members on a person-to-person level using up to date techniques and methods to ensure proper use of strength training equipment, free weights and cardiovascular equipment. Provide clients with the highest level of professionalism and dedication through accurate fitness evaluations and effective comprehensive programs designed to help members achieve results and ensure clients are satisfied with workout program while remaining motivated to attain personal fitness goals.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Conduct proper assessments of new and continuing client capabilities including strength, flexibility, body mass index, and other criteria
• Analyze fitness goals of individual clients to determine feasibility and best method to attain goals
• Design individualized, specific fitness plan for each client based on goals, capabilities, health, potential barriers and safety concerns
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service and participate with fitness and Village teams toward member retention goals
• Monitor and instruct members using up to date techniques and methods to ensure proper and safe use of strength training equipment, free weights and cardiovascular equipment
• Assist with integrating new members into the club, which includes fostering a fitness lifestyle through education
• Produce and increase personal training revenue and maintain established revenue goals
• Develop a personal rapport with members and clients, motivating to participate in fitness programs
• Maintain clean work environment which includes ensuring restoring the area to a condition of cleanliness i.e. putting away the fitness equipment after each training session, wipe down the area with gym wipes
• Expected to conduct 5-10 hours of floor coverage per week
• Attend one Village social event, activity or program per quarter
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties and other duties as assigned
• BS or BA in Exercise Science, Physiology, or related field
• Must have current national accredited certification (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA, CI-CPT)
• Must complete Village Standards Training Front Line Training/Sales Training combined.
• Obtain CPR certification and New Hire Orientation within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Good standing and no performance issues after 90 days of hire date, meeting basic Village Standards
• Must have the schedule ability to maintain a minimum of 10 hours of personal training per week
• Strong knowledge of safety issues related to the use of exercise regimes and equipment
• Ability to promote/sell personal training packages
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, have a flexible schedule and work independently
• Computer skills required include: Microsoft Outlook, Spectrum and other applications used by Village clubs required for Personal Training
This position requires daily standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 75 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment. Must ensure the safe use of training equipment by clients, members and employees. Personal Trainers may be required to periodically lift heavy amounts, up to 75 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: assessing physical fitness progress and form of clients, members and employees. Preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Work is performed in an indoor and occasionally outdoor environment.
Looking to have fun where you work? Text villagejobs to 25000