Part-Time Swim Coach
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Assisting in the long-term retention of memberships by Coaching the Swim Team program and activities for existing member participation and to attract new members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with Programs Director to develop Team goals and yearly plan.
- Coach Swim Team members by improving their swimming skills and competitive spirit.
- Lead Swim Team Group Workouts according to a season plan.
- Assists in organizing Swim Team Events, Meets and Programs
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Provide strict oversight for registering new participants for the Team as well as maintaining the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities.
- Be at swimming area 15 minutes or more (as needed) before instruction periods to have tools, supplies and area ready for activities.
- Responsible for keeping regular inventory of all swim supplies and equipment condition and need for supplies.
- Employee leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in their work
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Must have Swim Coaching experience
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Motivated and energetic demeanor
- Must have intricate knowledge of the competitive strokes and how to teach those skills to members.
- Required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
- Life Guard and/or USA Swimming Coach certification preferred
This position requires frequent standing, walking, and running, grasping, bending and kneeling in regards to swim instruction and ability to climb pool ladders. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Walking and standing are required daily. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: watching members in pool setting and coaching lessons
Work is performed outdoors in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and in hot or cold weather