***Personal (Fitness) Trainer / Camelback***
The Camelback Village is currently looking for Personal Trainers with Exceptional Personal Training experience!
Do you want to work in a fun resort atmosphere? Then Village Health Clubs & Spas is the place you want to be! Here at The Village we encourage and foster a work life balance, healthy living and benefits like full club access!
If you have have a passion for Fitness, Fun and helping people change enhance their lives and the drive to be a part of a team that WOWs our members every day then we are looking for you.
Instruct and advise members on a person-to-person level using up to date techniques and methods to ensure proper use of strength training equipment, free weights and cardiovascular equipment. Provide clients with the highest level of professionalism and dedication through accurate fitness evaluations and effective comprehensive programs designed to help members achieve results and ensure clients are satisfied with workout program while remaining motivated to attain personal fitness goals.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Consult comprehensively with new and continuing clients to determine fitness goals
• Conduct proper assessments of new and continuing client capabilities including strength, flexibility, body mass index, and other criteria
• Analyze fitness goals of individual clients to determine feasibility and best method to attain goals
• Design individualized, specific fitness plan for each client based on goals, capabilities, health, potential barriers and safety concerns
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service and participate with fitness and Village teams toward member retention goals
• Monitor and instruct members on a personal level using up to date techniques and methods to ensure proper use of strength training equipment, free weights and cardiovascular equipment
• Assist with integrating new members into the club, which includes fostering a fitness lifestyle through education
• Conduct individual and group fitness education programs for new and continuing clients to assess and recommend personal training programs
• Produce and increase personal training revenue
• Extend client base of personal training services
• Lead clients and other staff by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in work
• Develop a personal rapport with members and clients, motivating to participate in fitness programs
• Educate members on current health and fitness issues and trends
• Maintain clean work environment which includes ensuring restoring the area to a condition of cleanliness i.e. putting away the fitness equipment after each training session, wipe down the area with gym wipes
• Ensure the safe use and maintenance of any fitness equipment
• Other duties as assigned
**The ideal Trainer will have a Personal Training and Boot Camp experience with a friendly demeanor and has a flexible schedule.
Skills / Requirements
• BS or BA in Exercise Science, Physiology, or related field
• Must have current national accredited certification (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA,CI-CPT.
• Strong experience in fitness programming
• Strong knowledge of safety issues related to the use of exercise regimes and equipment
• Ability to promote/sell personal training packages
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to adhere to flexible schedule and work independently
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Computer skills required include : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and other operating systems or programs used by The Village
This position requires daily standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 75 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment. Must ensure the safe use of training equipment by clients, members and employees. Personal Trainers may be required to periodically lift heavy amounts, up to 75 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: assessing physical fitness progress and form of clients, members and employees. Preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Work is performed in an indoor and occasionally outdoor environment. Possible exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions. In addition to typical office or administrative settings.
Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
The Village Health Club's & Spa's offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, 401(k), short & long-term disability for regular Full-Time employees.
All Village Health Club Employees receive Free Club Membership Plus Much More!
- Café / retail / spa service discounts
- Discounts on personal training and Pilates sessions
- Bus pass reimbursement at participating club locations
- Employee referral bonus
Please visit our website to learn more about our beautiful facilities: www.villageclubs.com
LIFE's BETTER AT THE VILLAGE