Personal Trainer Intern - Fall Semester 2023
The purpose of the Village Internship program is to enable each student to meet their educational objectives through participation in well-planned and organized practical experiences.
The program is built to provide the students the opportunity to observe, experience, and contribute to a health and fitness program , in cooperation with the Fitness Director, personal trainer preceptor, and members of the leadership team. Interns will receive comprehensive practical experience that meets the education requirements of the curriculum.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in day-to-day fitness staff responsibilities as outlined in college/school internship programs
- Active participation within the program.
- Provide feedback or assessments as is required by the educational institution.
- Abide by rules of conduct expected from regular employees.
- Internship will be a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Pursuing BS in Exercise Science, Physiology, or related field
- Brief summary of why you would like to intern at the Village Health Club & Spas, what are you long and short term goals? (minimum of 500 words)
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
- Must be punctual, eager to learn and motivated
- Must have basic knowledge of fitness programming and weight training
This position requires daily standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 75 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment. Must ensure the safe use of training equipment by clients, members and employees. Assisting Personal Trainers may be required to periodically lift heavy amounts, up to 75 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: assisting Personal Trainers assessing physical fitness progress and form of clients, members and employees. Preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Work is performed in an indoor and occasionally outdoor environment. Possible exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions. In addition to typical office or administrative settings.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 07ee0cd4-30d7-4380-807d-ca8a76ef7dd2