The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Pickleball Instructor is responsible for teaching the game of Pickleball to members. The instructor provides group and one-on-one lessons. The instructor offers advice and tips to players at all levels, from beginners to those at advanced stages.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Assists in the development of the Pickleball Program, including any procedures involving the facility, administration, and equipment procurement and maintenance.
- Have a deep knowledge of the intricacies of the game.
- Assists in developing monthly Program Reports or Updates.
- Helps maintain a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Writes Posts, takes photos, when applicable for Marketing and Social Media promotion.
- Understands the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by participating in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback using comment cards and other Member feedback. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Helps ensures Program is utilized by actual Club members and/or their guests, and that it is always safe and secure.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the courts and surrounding areas by patrolling the courts and surrounding area as needed.
- Utilizes court reservation system to ensure a smooth and even flow of traffic on and off courts.
- Offers all instructional services including private and semi-private lessons, small groups, clinics, team coaching, and tactics and strategy.
- Assists in the coordination of all social and competitive events including special tournaments.
- Implements programs for adults and juniors.
- Inputs all lessons and relays any additional info to the Activities Director, as needed.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Promotes Village Health Clubs Company as a whole to potential Members when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year with full understanding of Rules and Play of Pickleball
- Must be an experienced, strong, successful player
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
PTPA (Pickleball Teaching Professional Asociation) certifcation preferred
This position requires frequent standing, walking, and running, grasping, swinging, bending and kneeling on the Pickleball court. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, arms, legs, waist, back and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Walking, standing and running are required daily. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, swing or otherwise move objects. In addition, involves physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close and distant visual acuity to perform sports and coaching activities.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor Tennis activity, coaching and events in hot weather.