The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Pro-Shop Driver is responsible for transporting, picking up and delivering boxes, mail and other goods to and from all four Village Health Club locations as well as off site locations.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
- Duties include loading goods, using navigation tools if necessary to arrive at the right address and delivering parcels to the correct locations.
- Driver have other duties in addition to driving and making their deliveries. Other responsibilities include:
- Follow best practices for safety, both on the road and while loading or unloading the van
- Communicate with Retail Staff, Accounting Staff and other team members that may require deliveries and meeting delivery deadlines
- Notify appropriate personnel of any vehicle maintenance needs and report discrepancies found on vehicle before using and maintain the van which includes reports of accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manger.
- Load and unload parcels and take the van seat out when needed for larger loads
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Park vehicle in designated location when not in use
- Inspect property vehicles for damage and cleanliness, check tire pressure and fluid levels for property vehicle, and refuel as necessary
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Perform Pro-Shop duties which includes but not limited some unpacking, barcoding and assisting with quarterly physical inventories.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background and DMV check as a contingency of employment
Current valid Arizona driver’s license with good driving record
Thorough knowledge of all State driving laws
Must be 18 years of age, (for insurance purposes) and have high school diploma or equivalent
Communication skills with the ability to multi-task
Must be able to pass background check / clean DMV recorded
Ability to apply proper driving procedures and have good motor skills and the ability to drive in all types of weather
Must have flexibility to work shifts and may be required to work early morning, evenings and weekends as needed
This position requires the ability to frequently to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; use foot controls to drive; reach with hands and arms; climb; bend, stoop, and kneel; and talk and hear.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and includes the pushing/pulling of up to 50 pounds
This position requires close vision, distance vision, night/dusk vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
Work is primarily performed in both indoor and an outdoor environment, exposure to noise, traffic, and extreme warm temperature conditions