The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day spa operations to ensure delivery of superior customer service, achievement of high employee and member satisfaction and performance relative to spa objectives including spa marketing and networking duties as necessary. Provide leadership, direction, training, and support to all Spa Coordinators and Spa Attendants.
Summary Of Essential Functions:
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service and ensuring a positive member experience from the point of checking in to checking out which includes but is not limited to, orderly locker rooms, confirmations, and reservations.
- Responsible for direct supervision of the Spa Coordinators and Spa Attendants, spa front desk and spa locker room area.
- Ensure developed company and department policies are followed.
- Responsible for assisting with hiring, staffing, training, performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures for Coordinators and Attendants in partnership with the Spa Director.
- Leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion, and pride in their work.
- Must be knowledgeable on all spa and salon services and provides training for all Coordinators and Attendants on duties including but not limited to, spa and retail software, confirmations, reservations, gift certificates, spa promotions, locker room, spa front desk, and all company and department policies.
- Provides leadership and assistance to the spa in the absence of, or as required by, the Spa Director.
- Ensures all Coordinators and Attendants are properly trained and certified in emergency response and CPR.
- Implements quarterly customer service training to all Coordinators and Attendants
- Participants in the club Manager-On-Duty system.
- Serves as a communication link for Coordinators and Attendants ensuring changes or additions in policies, procedures, and or company focus are properly communicated and integrated into their responsibilities.
- Supports and assists in hosting open house and spa events.
- Process invoices and monitor purchases and conduct monthly inventory counts. Create email blasts and flat panel items to promote feature items or sales (if applicable).
- Enter, code, and receive new products into the system (if applicable).
- Change out displays in front area of the spa and club locker room. Create email blasts and flat panel items to promote featured items or sales. Create and execute vendor feature events when new products are launched (if applicable).
- Conducts regular staff meetings to update Coordinators and Attendants on the vision and mission of the spa and the company. Present updates on new programs and services as needed.
- (Gainey Spa Supervisor only) Manage all on-line gift card orders for all Spas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years of Spa operations experience required.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of spa operations and guest services, best service standards and practices.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload.
- Effective interpersonal skills, verbal, and written skills.
- Must always demonstrate professionalism and discretion.
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule is imperative.
- Outstanding customer service skills and telephone etiquette.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a group. Must be able to take initiative.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, approachable, and empathetic.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, retail, and spa reservations systems.
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training.
- Bachelor's degree
- Retail experience
- Knowledge of product line and application in service
- Experience in luxury hotel spa or high-end health club
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending, and kneeling. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
It involves typical office or administrative work, member indoor and outdoor activity, plus standing at the spa front desk.