The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Create a positive member experience within the squash community which includes long-term retention of memberships by planning, organizing and implementing squash programs and activities for existing member participation and to attract new members. The Squash Professional is also responsible for teaching private and group lessons, generating awareness to members and guest of the clubs that are interested in squash lessons.
Summary of Essential Functions:
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service Employee leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in their work
• 30 hours per week of job duties consist of court teaching and/or actively running programs and 10 hours per week should be spent on administrative duties.
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Present a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
• Teach private and group lessons to members and manages all programs, clinics, and events
• Meet with each Program Director at other Village Clubs at least once per month to go over budgets and financial numbers
• Work with the Program Directors at each club to set up proper charging procedures for client lessons and clinics
• Actively market and maintain a schedule set by Village Management team to show a presence at all Village club locations
• Develop a budget for Squash programs, including tournaments and leagues approved by management.
• Attend a weekly manager meeting at other Village Club locations at least once a month to discuss program activities, successes.
• Weekly Communication with Program Directors and Front Desk Staff at each Club
• Educate and update the managers and Front Desk of any activities and current events.
• Promote squash programs, Leagues, semi-private and private racquetball sessions
• Plan, organizes, and implements high quality lessons, programs, and leagues to ensure an exceptional member experience
• Assist in coordinating for teaching private and group lessons to children and adults, which includes coordinating camps and league events.
• Enforces all policies to ensure the safety of members and guests
• Maintains facility and equipment in safe and clean condition
• Responsible for ensuring the safety of all participants and other duties as assigned
• Must have the ability to obtain CPR Certification through Company training within 30 days of
• One of year experience with youth groups
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• High School diploma or GED required
• Must successfully pass a criminal background check as a contingency of employment
• Previous competitive experience required
• Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Exhibit strong leadership qualities
• Two plus years’ experience playing or instructing Squash
• The ability to sell Squash programs.
Previous racquetball and squash playing/coach experience in a resort like set
This position requires frequent standing, walking, and running, grasping, bending and kneeling on the Squash Court. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, involves physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
It involves typical office or administrative work and the ability to travel between clubs