Tennis Desk Manager
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Manage all tennis desk operations to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality and efficient service to members and guests.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Manage tennis desk operations, desk area, conference room, lobby, and locker-room presentation.
- Perform all duties of Tennis Desk Attendant and responsible for working the tennis desk for 30 hours per week.
- Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff, planning, assigning and directing work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, manager training, scheduling, payroll, performance management and payroll.
- Responsible for monitoring completion of new hire on-boarding. Including: CPR requirements, Sexual Harassment Training, name tag orders, dress code compliance.
- Manage VR3 and Trip Reduction programs.
- Prepare and manage tennis desk budget with Director of Tennis.
- Conducts regular tennis desk meetings.
- Update communication binder or website/app for staff to be informed about tennis and other areas of the club.
- Promote and communicate tennis events, closures, changes, etc.
- Manage the stringing of rackets.
- Manage Interclub and Intraclub Leagues.
- Place high emphasis on the importance of the social element. This includes participation in planning and execution of tennis events, such as: Clinics, Grand Slam Mixers, Mixers, drop-in programs, prospect packages, club championships, new member integration, etc.
- Offers member services such as racquet usage, balls, and reservations for tennis, and pickle ball.
- Set up and maintain member/guests signups for classes and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years of previous management experience; managing staff and operations in a similar facility preferred.
- Two years of college education.
- Two years of strong customer service experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
- Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in business, management or related field
- Customer Service Management experience in a health club or country club environment , with a strong working knowledge of the health promotion & fitness industry
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. In addition, may involve physical movement which includes activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
It involves typical office or administrative work, member outdoor activity and standing at the Front Desk.