Youth Services Attendant (Child Care)
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Provides a clean, safe and fun child-care environment including sports related activities & service assigned.
Summary Of Essential Functions:
• Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Greets and checks in members and children, ages range from 8 weeks to 12 years.
• Provide the highest possible care and attention to each child.
• Attentively watches and attends to the children
• Ensure the safety of all children in the Nursery and Kids Club and follows safety procedures
• Provides positive, appropriate, and fun activities for the children.
• Maintain the Nursery and Kids club in a clean and organized manner
• Communicate professionally with parents
• Handles complaints, comments and injuries and refers to the appropriate lead person
• Operate as a team player with all co-workers and staff.
• Coordinate and plan curriculum for a 30 min “club” once a week.
• Attend at least 5 out of 10 “In Service” Trainings throughout the year.
• Attend at least 8 out of 11 monthly staff meetings.
• Assist with at least one Special Event per year and other duties as assigned
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• Six months experience in childcare environment
• Ability to work well with children
• Ability to move and react quickly to a variety of circumstance
• Friendly & energetic with strong verbal communication skills
• Must be reliable and punctual
• Must successfully pass a criminal background check as a contingency of employment
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Certified Child Care Training
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling to care for children. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers and children accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Sedentary work involving sitting some of the time. Walking and standing are required daily. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including children. In addition, may involve physical movement related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: supervising children, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member indoor / outdoor activity